Today I met with my honors advisor, Meghan Morris. I didn't know what to expect, but I felt very welcomed within the first 5 minutes of our talk. It was refreshing to meet someone who wasn't connected to CEAS. We discussed how I am doing so far in the semester and what some of my plans are during my time in the Honors program.
Ideas for experiences
1. An experience centered around my 20th coming-of-age ceremonial pictures in Japan
2. Photographic journey of South Korea, capturing people's lives
3. European backpacking trip (something that has been on my bucket list)
4. Data science research (to supplement my Business Analytics minor that I will be working towards)
5. Learning a new programming language over the summer (need to apply by April 5th!)
6. Trip to Turkey to reestablish my roots?
7. Leadership position in a student org
I learned that experiences can be pretty flexible as long as there is some growth in character to achieve becoming a Global Citizen Scholar. Although there are seminars that can be taken as well, since I am a technical major, I wanted to use my experiences to focus more on my creative side.
I got a lot out of meeting Meghan today, and I'm excited to see where my Honors path will take me!